Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Easter Pillowcase Shirt

I found this fabric and decided to make myself a shirt to match the girls' Easter dresses.
I made the dresses and my shirt,
but I decided to let them wear something different on Easter.
I don't have pictures of the dresses yet, because I couldn't chase down my models,
but I asked Mr. Wonderful to snap one of my shirt.
I loved this shirt and it was so very simple.
I was also introduced to bias tape when making it,
and am pleased to announce that I am in love :0)

Once I had the shirt on, I realized that the pattern did not allow for the fact that the trim does not have as much "flow" as the top of the shirt,
which created an odd "puff" in the middle.
I'm pretty sure that it can be corrected next time by adjusting the seam allowance.
The "puff" wasn't quite as noticable after I washed it
(this picture was taken before)
I wore it anyway, though.
After all, the clothes I buy from the store don't fit correctly either!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute top! My mom made everything for me when I was younger. Sure wish I had a personal seamstress now!

    ReplyDelete