Thursday, June 2, 2011

about a zillion

First of all, let me just tell you that I have absolutely NO business blogging right now. I have about a zillion things to do, and haven't started any of it. In fact, I have so many things to do that it has been keeping me up the past few nights. Maybe if I take the time to put them all down, it will help me get organized enough to get something done!

Addie's birthday is in two weeks. I haven't even sent the invites yet. Actually, I haven't even made the invites yet. Mr. Wonderful gave me a Cricut Imagine for my birthday this year. I am so excited about it! It is such an awesome machine. It can do anything. The problem is that I don't know how to work it. I really want to use it to make Addie's invitations. I know that I should just give up for now and buy some, but I really had my heart set on making them myself. I am planning on using a watermelon theme for her party and having water games and activities, and I really wanted her invitations to have watermelons on them. Grrr. Maybe I'll try it one more time. This precious machine may just end up on Craigslist if I can't figure it out, though!!
Also, I forgot to rent the water slide for Addie's party until today. The one I wanted was rented so I chose another. It was also rented. And so on. The one I ended up with is the only one I really didn't want. Oh, well. As long as they have fun and are safe, then it doesn't really matter.

With me opening the shop and starting to work every day, I feel such an urge to organize everything in the house. Especially the things that I don't want the girls to get into. That would be bills and important paperwork and photos. I have a stack of at least 2,000 pictures sitting on the vanity in my bedroom from 2009. I don't do scrapbooks because I take too many pictures and want to use them all....even the ones where someone isn't looking or their eyes are closed. I know it's nuts, but I just really love how looking at pictures can bring you back to the exact moment when they were taken. I can remember everything about the entire day when I look at those pictures, so I want to put them all in albums, in order by date. When Avie was born, I got really behind and let them start piling up. Eventually, I just stopped getting them developed. As a result, I have eight SIM cards that have thousands of photos on them just waiting. It will cost several hundred dollars to develop each card. I would like to get started and just do a few at a time, but I don't want more pictures just sitting. I really need to get those out of my room and into albums. Maybe tonight.

Last year before Addie's birthday, Mr. Wonderful and my dad built the girls a playhouse. It is so stinkin' cute. I painted it the same color as our house, yellow with black shutters. But I didn't get finished before the party. And an entire year later, I still haven't finished. We also want to build a little covered area on the side of it so they will have a place to park their Barbie jeep and 4-wheeler. If we did it large enough, we may even be able to move their bikes and scooters out of Addie's bedroom and put them under there also. Once the yard is cleaned up enough, we intend to move the swing set and sand boxes over closer to the playhouse. Right now though, the entire yard is just a big ole mess!

Another thing about Addie's birthday, is that I can't decide what to give her. I really wanted to redecorate her room, but I couldn't decide if that was a good gift for a 4-year old or not. She still sleeps in her crib. And, don't you judge me for it, either!! At bedtime we carry her to her room, tell her goodnight, turn out the light and close the door. She sleeps in her own bed all night long and has never tried to climb out of it. But her bed can be changed into a toddler bed......and she is going to be four......and she will be starting preschool in the fall. I just can't decide if I'm ready to let my baby grow up! If I do decide to give her a room makeover, I would like to make the new bed linens myself....two weeks....eeeek! I would also think about painting the walls to better coordinate with the bedding fabric.....in two weeks....double eeeeeek!! But the bonus for redecorating her room is that I would move the huge television out along with the armoir that it is sitting in. I would paint that armoir and move it to the shop to use :) But I only have two weeks!!!!!!!!

Oh, but you'll be proud to know that I am in the process of using the Cricut to get started on her invites!! Hooray for me!!

But let's not forget that we have a ton of work to do at the lake, I still have to plan the menu for the party, clean the house for the party, cook everything from the menu for the party, find party decorations, decorate, come up with a birthday outfit, and a whole bunch more that I don't have time to mention!! Man, I better get started!

Love and prayers for you all!!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment