Tuesday, October 4, 2011

If you only knew...

If you only knew what my house looked like right now, you would be doing any or all of the following: 
screaming at me to get off the computer and clean,
cringing and being thankful that your house doesn't look like that, 
calling the tv show "Hoarders" to let them know you found someone for their next episode,
 or locking me up in a pink padded room.

"Why a pink padded room," you ask? Well, AvieLu's birthday party is this Saturday. Yup. I decided to paint, swap bedrooms, swap closets (including reorganizing & cleaning them out), build a dining room table, paint dining room chairs, and completely reorganize the toys one week before I have tons of people over for my sweet little girl's birthday party.

"What were you thinking," you ask? Well, I was thinking that I have tons of stuff to do and not much time to do it...so why not start now?! We still haven't completely finished our family room and dining room makeovers. But they really only need a few finishing touches. I know that it is crazy to start another project before we finish the others, but when it comes to organizing or remodeling, you just can't work on one room without messing up another. So, since everything was already a mess, and most of the finishing touches involve Mr. Wonderful having time to get to them, I decided to go ahead and move on.

When I said, "tons of stuff to do and not much time to do it" I was referring to my own timeline. We have a lot of things going on right now (I'll have to tell you about them later) and we are trying to get ready for those things. I told Mr. Wonderful last week that I felt like I was "nesting." And, even though we are not expeting and do not plan to be, I guess that I am nesting in some ways. In the way that I am preparing for something. Something that I feel will take up lots of time. Something that I am anxiously excited about. Something that I don't really know what to expect from. Something that makes me feel a strong need to have all things in order to prepare for.

I am hoping to finish up all of these crazy projects by tomorrow so that I can start working on birthday party stuff! I know I've left you wondering, but I'm short on time today. I will try to post again next week, with pics of everything and details about our journey as we attempt to follow God's plan for our lives. Until then, please keep us in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment