Thursday, October 20, 2011

actually watch the videos!!


Okay, so I completely admit that this song is totally dorky. But at the same time, it is so true! I came across it as I was searching YouTube for something else, and I just had to post it as a shout out to all the awesome mom's who take time out of their super busy schedule to read my blog :)

For this next song, be prepared to listen closely. His singing is silly and there are a few times he is hard to understand.


Okay, so that one was totally dorky, too. But, also, so true! I saw it, loved it, laughed out loud, I listened to it again, and decided to share it as a warning for all the husbands who read my blog :)

Okay, for this one you REALLY need to listen closely. And be prepared to read quickly as you listen!



This one I had heard before, but forgotten about. I am so excited that I found it again! Another awesome shout out to the mom readers!! If you don't know who Anita Renfroe is or have never heard her comedy before, you have got to find her! She is great!!

This next one doesn't have a video to go with it. Just a picture of three goofy guys with amazing voices. This song has amazing lyrics.



This is the song I was searching for that caused all the chaotic YouTube video posting. Did you notice that these are the same guys who sang the "Mom Song"? Yeah, super talented, aren't they! I've always loved this song. It is just so sweet. I feel as if this is a song just for me from my Heavenly Father. I just brings me to tears every time I hear it. It is an amazing reminder that God has a plan and a purpose for us all. 

Of course, this song also makes me think of my sweet little girls. I love them so much and I only want the very best for them. I hear a great amount of disapproval from others about the way Mr. Wonderful and I choose to raise our girls. We feel that it is extremely important to shelter them from the world, and we do everything we can to do exactly that. The most common criticism we hear is that our girls will not be able to "fit in with the world." I understand where people are coming from when they say that. But what they don't understand is....that is exactly what I want! I realize that one day my girls will have no choice but to deal with the world and it's ways, and that will be for the rest of their lives. So why wouldn't I want to protect them from it now while they are still so young and innocent?

Another reason I have been searching for this song is the same reason that I haven't been blogging lately and have been so busy. Mr. Wonderful and I have been taking GPS classes for the past 6 weeks because we would like to become foster parents. I didn't want to mention it before because we have to be "selected and approved" to be able to do this. So if there were some chance that things wouldn't work out, then I just didn't want to have to answer a lot of questions about it. But I feel so strongly that this is exactly what God is calling us to do. He has given me a heart for children and I know that He intends for me to use it for this purpose. As I look back over the years, I can see all the ways He has been preparing Mr. Wonderful and me for this. Foster parenting is not something we are approaching lightly. We are very aware of how difficult it will be and how much it will change our lives. We have felt led in this direction for many years and have always kept the option of adoption open. We have spent much time in prayer and feel that now is the time. 
The reason I wanted to hear this song again is that I think all of the children entering foster care need to have someone say this to them or make them feel this way. No matter what they have been through or how they act, they need to know that someone loves them and cares about them. They need to know that love is not just an emotion. They need to see that love is an act. They need to see love in action. They need to see love the way that God loves them. This song represents the message that I hope to bring to every single child who enters my home. This song represents the message that I hope to get across to their families. The message that God can take what is broken and He can make it whole and that He loved them enough to die for them. Please pray for us and for our girls as we get deeper into this journey.

I hope you enjoyed these videos as much as I did. Isn't laughter a wonderful thing? Oh, and if you didn't bother to actually watch the videos or listen to the songs, do yourself a favor and go back and check them out! They are so worth it :)

Love and prayers for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment