Thursday, October 20, 2011

YouTube Kick


Loving you, Mr. Wonderful.

So, obviously I'm still on the YouTube kick. I love the song, "God gave me you." Most people know it because it is a fairly new release from Blake Shelton. But I loved it long before he recorded it.
I had heard it several times a while ago on the radio and just didn't know who sang it. I'm so glad that I decided to look it up. It is this guy, Dave Barnes. I'm sure many of you have heard of him before, but I'm a mommy of two little girls who insist on listening to their music when we are in the car. After I drop them off, I am only in the car by myself for a few more minutes before I get to the shop. So I never really have an opportunity to keep up with all the new music. But once I found him, I listened to some of his other music, and I didn't hear anything that I didn't love! 
Here is his version of "God gave me you." I love the video. And, yes, I know that I'm "such a girl."


Swoon, right?
Then there's this one.



Think it can't get any better? What about his version of "My Girl," one of the greatest songs ever?!



Possibly the best cover ever. 

With all of these sweet love songs, I can't help but think of mine and Mr. Wonderful's wedding song. We didn't really have a song when we were dating....we had more of a "thing" we did every time we heard a sappy love song or just a song we loved...we would sing to each other in the most theatrical voices and dance :) So, when it came time to narrow it down to just one song for the wedding, we had a LOT to go through. When we finally listened to this one, the lyrics just said it all. This song could have been written about us. Although I don't particularly care for the artist singing it in this video, the friend who sang it at our wedding has an amazing voice. I actually told his wife once that I were her, I would never let him stop singing to me!



Love, love, love that song. Can't do anything but picture Mr. Wonderful when I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment