Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ruffled Shirt for "Clown Pants"


Addie has worn those poor little polka dot pants that I made for her twice already. You know, the ones that looked like clown pants that I ended up having to cut off into gaucho pants.
Well, she just wore them with a plain white shirt once and once with an old family reunion t-shirt that didn't match at all.

(And, yes, at our 25th family reunion anniversary, they had t-shirts made.
And, yes, I wore one even though I was huge and pregnant with Avie.
And, yes, the local newspaper came by and took pictures of us and printed them in Sunday's paper.
Yes, that's my family!
And, yes, I love them anyway!!!!)  

But back to the polka dot pants,
I finally decided on the perfect shirt for them.
I just grabbed a tank top out of her closet and ruffled it with the same fabric from the pants.
I added a little green in the ruffles as a nod to the green ruffle that was supposed to be on the pants that made them look like clown pants!!
I think it turned out pretty cute. It was my nap time project for the day. I can't wait for her to get up so I can see what she thinks of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment