Friday, March 5, 2010

No, I'm not just being a slacker

I know it has been a while since my last post, and no, I'm not just being a slacker. I've actually had a lot going on in the last week or two. Here is a run down to catch you up on all the chaos you've missed.

We'll start on Saturday, Feb. 20 and go from there.

Took the girls to Baby Leah's birthday party
went out to eat with Gran and Papa after
then went to WalMart in Talladega to look for fabric and they had sold out :(
We woke up a little late Sunday morning
decided to skip church and take the girls to the zoo
Avie's favorite was the gorilla, Addie's was the rhinoceros...always complete opposites!
Adam stood in line for 45 minutes to spend over $25 on 3 sodas and 4 cookies
Addie decided to be a big girl while we waited on him and ran all over the playground and even braved the rope bridge all by herself.
She also rode the train, which I wasn't sure she would do, and she loved it :)
a squirrel snuck into our stroller while we rode and snacked on the fries that were in there, how bizarre
We stopped and bought fabric on the way home
I stayed up late making an outfit for Addie
PaPa Jimmie and MaMa Carol came by to visit with the girls Monday afternoon
about the same time, my neighbor came by
followed by Baby Leah's mommy and her meme
Adam came home to a house full of people!
It was fun though. We don't have people over very often.
I stayed up late making an outfit for Avie.
Addie woke up Tuesday morning with the stomach virus.
She is the sweetest sick person I've ever seen.
I slept on the sofa bed with her that night. Didn't get much sleep at all.
By Wednesday night Addie was feeling better.
That was about the same time that I got sick with it.
Later that night Avie got sick. Then Adam. Yuck.
Adam and I did nothing all day Thursday but lay on the couch.
By that night I had washed everything in the house and sprayed everything with Clorox Cleanup
On Friday we were sick of being in the house.
We took a family trip to buy new toothbrushes
Had lunch and supper out with the family
Adam worked with my dad on Saturday
me and the girls had lunch with the family
My awesome sister insisted on taking the girls home with her for the afternoon
I went to Kohl's and spent my $40 Kohl's cash before it expired :)
it was much easier shopping without the girls, but also a little boring...I'm never alone.
I ended up staying on the phone most of the time
Came home, picked up the girls and Adam then went out for loaded cheese fries...yummy
Avie had a terrible runny nose so I stayed home from church with her on Sunday
sent Adam and Addie by themselves
all four of us took a nap after lunch. Nice.
I was tired of eating out so I made beef tips and rice for supper
Downloaded a pattern for some super cute pants on Monday
Mr. Wonderful stopped by and picked up fabric for me on his way home
I jammed up the machine three different times trying to serge the edges for the ruffle
still not sure what I'm doing wrong
possibly the wrong size needle, according to my mom
finally gave up and went to bed at 1 am
pants ended up looking like clown pants :(
very discouraging
I'm not sure what I did on Tuesday and Wednesday.......
probably not much since I can't remember
And today I've actually been fairly productive.
I've been cleaning all day long, and still trying to get caught up on all the laundry.
I'm hoping to get the house in order so that I can go to Cotton Tail's tomorrow afternoon.
Avie needs an Easter basket. I'm hoping to find one just like Addie's
If the weather is warm enough, Saturday will be spent working outside!!!
I would love to have a raised garden in the back one day with squash, tomatoes, and okra.
I want some blueberries, too. And I want a big back deck that is partially covered so I can sit and watch the girls play.
And, oh, to have one of those plush green front lawns that looks like velvet, with beautiful cherry trees lining a white vinyl fence, and perfectly pruned shrubs surrounded by fresh red mulch in front of the house, with a cobblestone walkway from the paved driveway to the front porch.
My yard looks nothing like that. But goals are a good thing, right?
My yard is big, though, and has a trampoline and a swing set, and it is littered with toys and the girls absolutely love it out there.
I love it, too, even if it doesn't look like my dream yard.
I love being outside and watching the girls play.
I can't wait for Spring.
I love days when we only come inside for lunch and then head right back out.
I'm hoping Saturday will be one of those days.
I'm also hoping that my life will return to it's normal chaotic state and stays that way. The last two weeks of sickness and busyness are not at all for me!!! So, no, I'm not just being a slacker by not blogging, and no, I didn't start something else that I'm not going to finish. My life has just been way too hectic!



1 comment:

  1. Walmart in Pell City still has their fabric until June or July...

    ReplyDelete