Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Swing Top & Cuff Pants

I made the cutest little top for Addie the other day.
It was supposed to be her birthday outfit,
but we had lots going on and I wasn't able to make it until now.
It is being held together by a hair clip in this picture
(but it will soon have two buttons)
in the back at the top and then swings open.
I thought it would be a great idea to make her some pants to match
since I had so much fabric.
(They don't have any elastic in the picture. They are just being held together with a safety pin. They won't be so droopy after I finish them.)
I would normally add a ruffle at the bottom to coordinate,
but decided to do a cuff instead.
Obviously, that was a bad idea.
They turned out to be a cross between an oriental outfit and pjs.
Still cute as pie on such a beautiful model, though!
I plan to make Avie the same style shirt,
and will see what I can do to make the pants a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment