Thursday, July 15, 2010

Liannasplace Recipe

Mr. Wonderful was out for a while tonight, so I occupied myself by blog surfing until he returned. I came across this awesome recipe at liannasplace and I can't wait to try it. I agree that it sounds strange, but I actually have a recipe for a Dorito Salad from Mr. Wonderful's aunt, and it is yummy. If chips are good in a salad, why not a casserole!

From Liannasplace:
   
Here is my recipe for what I like to call "Dorito Chicken Casserole". It makes 1 extra large pan of casserole, or 2 small pans. I made 2 small ones.

Ingredients:


1 whole chicken, deboned (or 6 large chicken breasts)

1 large 16oz bag nacho cheese flavored chips (like Doritos®)

1 small can black olives*

2 cans tomatoes & green chiles (like Rotel®)

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 cup milk

1 large onion

6 banana peppers**

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 tsp chipotle chile powder

1 tbsp olive oil

salt & pepper to taste

1 1/2 lb shredded cheese

*optional

**alternately, you could use a bell pepper, or jalapenos if you like it really spicy
 Boil the chicken however you like to boil chicken (I like to use a crock pot and cook it on low all day). Remove the chicken to a bowl. When the chicken has cooled enough that it won't burn your fingers, shred it with a fork. Not too fine though; we're not making baby food.

Chop the onion and peppers. Saute onions, peppers, and garlic in olive oil, until the onions are soft and translucent. Set aside.

Mix together tomatoes & green chiles, cream soups, milk, olives, chipotle powder, and salt & pepper in a saucepan. Heat on medium until it thinks about boiling (don't let it boil).

Spread a single layer of chips in a casserole dish. Then layer chicken, sauteed mixture, soup mixture, and cheese. Repeat layers, starting with the chips again.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, or until cheese lightly browns and bubbles. Serve with a salad to redeem yourself for all the calories you're about to eat.

Enjoy :)

Thanks, Lianna!! I'll let you know how mine turns out :) For everyone else, you should really check out Lianna's blog. She has a raised garden that I am sooo jealous of, and seriously, I need this girl as my personal shopper!!

I'll try to find that Dorito Salad recipe and pass it along soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment