Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Bubble Romper & Booties

On Sunday I finally got the "encouragement" I needed to finish that newborn bubble romper  that I started forever ago.
Yup, someone asked about it.
It's been so extra chaotic around here that I had honestly forgotten about it.
When I dug it out and figured out where to start,
I finished it in less than an hour. Sad, huh.
The sweet little one it was intended for has probably outgrown it by now!
And all because I was intimidated by fusible interfacing.
Anyone know what that is?
Stuff that comes in sheets that you cut out and iron onto your fabric for strength.
Yup. Weeks upon weeks have gone by,
And that project was left unfinished because I was too intimidated...
to iron.
 
 

After finishing up so quickly, I still had some nap time left for crafting.
So I grabbed the baby booties pattern I've been holding onto and gave them a try.
The pattern said they were a 0-3 month, but they were huge...and round.
What newborn baby has a round foot?
In all honesty, they looked just like the booties of a certain brand
that come with the complete outfit.
You know, hat, booties, onesie, & gown.
I had to toss every pair of those I got. What was the point of giving them away?
I worked on them for a while trying to figure out how to make them better
and this is what I came up with.



The one on the left is a little wonky, but I think I figured it out for the right one.
Hopefully, I will remember what I did and be able to adjust the pattern.
These are just too sweet when paired with the bubble!
Add a coordinating bib and it's an awesome little gift set!
(I'll work on better booties and the coordinating bib tonight)


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment