Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Candy Corn Dress

First of all, I must admit that Halloween certainly is not my favorite day. So why blog about it? Well, I had decided that I wanted Avie to dress up as candy corn.

(The girls aren't really old enough to ask to dress up as anything so I just try to choose something for them that matches their personality. I really dislike the scary costumes and decorations, but I think that allowing kids to dress as a super hero or a princess is great. My girls both have a great imagination, especially Addie. They are always role playing or dressing up at home, so having a special day to encourage creativity is fine with me.)

Now, back to the candy corn.
I know it is early, but I want to make the girls' costumes this year,
and we all know how I am about getting projects finished,
so I decided to get an early start.
I went shopping and found the perfect fabric,
came home, and started sewing.
This is the first dress I made. Turns out that the candy corn fabric I used as my guide in making it was wrong. Too bad I didn't realize that until I was almost finished. Grrr.

My second try went much better. I worked really hard at my top-stitching, too, and I must say that it looks pretty awesome. 
Now that it is finished, I have changed my mind about it being her costume.
I think it is just an adorable dress for fall! I can't wait to take the girls to the pumpkin patch and have their pictures made!! 
Oh, & I have lots of yellow and orange fabric left over if anyone is interested in a candy corn dress! Just leave me a comment. 





No comments:

Post a Comment