Friday, February 19, 2010

Feeling a lot better

As I sit here to type, Addie is by my side. She brought me a pillow and put it behind my back to make me feel better. I'm not sick, at least I don't think I am. I guess she just wanted me to be more comfortable.

I am feeling a lot better since my last post. There is something about sitting up all night sobbing that just makes the next day a little easier to handle. I am back to smiling when I think about Anna Sue. Thank you all for your sweet words. All I can say is God's grace is amazing.

As far as my house cleaning goes, I'm just finishing up going through the magazines. I'm tearing out only the specific recipes and articles I want instead of keeping the whole magazine. Later I will transfer the recipes to cards and put them in my box. The articles just get stuffed into a folder and stay in the magazine rack. I usually do this as soon as I finish reading them, but since I haven't had a chance to sit down and read them, they have just been piling up. Man, I'll be so happy when I don't have to fight with Avie over getting into them! Hopefully they won't be as tempting if they aren't overflowing into the floor.

After the magazines are all gone, I will have to start on the kitchen. My pantry is a mess and I can't find anything. My fridge desperately needs to be cleaned out. My microwave looks like it belongs in an office break room or something. Gross. I should probably clean the ceiling fan and the top of the fridge, too. I'm getting tired just thinking about it all!

Writing all of this down makes it sound like my house is disgusting, but I promise it isn't. It isn't spotless either, I do have two toddlers you know, but it isn't disgusting. I guess that I sometimes get into a cleaning rut. I clean the same stuff over and over. To just walk in and glance, my house usually looks pretty good under all the toys. But without all the "hidden" stuff clean, it just doesn't feel clean to me.

Later I will make a grocery list off of my menu plan. I don't like to spend my Friday night grocery shopping, but I think it is just necessary this week. We are out of everything. Adam will go with me and play with the girls while I tackle the list. I know it makes more sense for him to stay home with them, but we have fun and are one of those odd couples that likes to do everything together. Plus we usually pick up a movie and some take out before we go home.

Well, the sweetest two year old in the world just asked for me to come draw with her. What else would I say other than, sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment